Saturday, August 2, 2014

Karinna's High Protein Post-Workout Salad Recipe


When I first went Vegan in 2007, I had to break down some of my paradigms.  The word protein was synonymous with meat.  I had to unlearn a lot of myths that I had learned since childhood.   Now, I see food for the nutrient content.  It is quite easy to construct a well-balanced, healthy meal once you realize that everything you need can be found in plant sources without the saturated fat and chemicals found in the typical American diet.  

"But Organic food is expensive."  
Actually, heart disease, diabetes, and organ failure can be even more expensive.

Exercise and eating clean are habits we need in order to live a long and healthy life.  After a rigorous workout, I need some carbs and a good amount of lean protein to recover.

Karinna's High Protein Post Workout Salad

In a large bowl, mix together these power foods!



Kale
Broccoli
Radicchio
Edamame
Pinto Beans
Butter Beans
Avocado
SpicyTomatillo Salsa


Tips:  
I almost never use salad dressing; substitute salsa instead.
Use black beans, garbanzo beans, or any other legume you prefer. 
Add red onion, mushrooms, carrots for a heartier meal.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Share

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Badge